Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

So now I'm here

I have no wireless, but Penny does and I think I could figure out how to get it.
There are two houses here, one is the clinic and one is Penny's I live over the clinic and have a big, but hard, bed and my own bathroom.

I do not think I have hotwater, I showered without it this morning, but have not had this confirmed. There are dogs and cats which live around the house, they are the shelter animals, except for the 2 big dalmations, but none live in cages.

I know I am going to love it here, but I found it hard to sleep and after nearly 48 hours of traveling, I was at a bit of a loss last night while trying to sleep to the sounds of roosters, cars, and dogs. But I did sleep and despite feeling a little over emotional, I am fine. I just need Penny to get back from her meeting so I can start getting the lay of the land. I need Indian money, clothes, perhaps wireless internet. Penny gave me a cell phone but I don't have much money on it yet so I won't be making calls just yet.

Well when I can get my computer going, I need adapters for the plugs, then I will feel more at home and I will be able to post pictures.
So I'm homesick but getting there :-)

3 comments:

  1. You do realize that hot showers aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway right ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can think of when you said "Indian money" was in Slumdog Millionaire when the guy is like "One Million RupEES!" (With emphasis on the second syllable in rupees)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually when it is warm enough the shower feels lovely! and I got my rupees I just have no concept of what they are worth and thanks to you Matt I will always say rupees like that!

    ReplyDelete