Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Best and mostly timely blogger ever!

Ya..
About that...
I got so busy!!!!

Summer ended and school started and everything went nuts.

So instead of  trying to catch you up, here is a synopsis:
school
workout
people visiting :)
sleep
dogs
cats
food
weight loss

So that's what's up in my life. Trying really hard not to get behind in my classes because we have at least 2, but sometimes 3, tests every week and somehow through factors beyond my control all of my weekends are getting taken up!

But with really fun things. Like Mike coming to spend our 4 year anniversary with me, getting a picture taken with us and the animals, going into St. Louis on Sat night to celebrate the anniversary. And going home to babysit my little, baby brother and the dogs. And seeing Mike again.

It's so very stressful to be me.

I did help farrow (farrow = pigs giving birth) some gilts (gilts = first time pig mommies) in the middle of the night. The experience was amazing because I had never dealt much with pigs and especially momma pigs. It was so neat to see them dry off, get their first meal, and start running around like crazy piglets. Even some of the littlest little bitties got up and got going pretty fast.

My friends and I are having a weight loss competition which is a great way to keep ourselves motivated. We all weigh in once a week and the person with the highest percentage at the end gets a Dicks gift card which will be paid for by $10 from each loser :) It is a fun way to encourage each other and keep ourselves healthy as school starts to get real busy. I have been using the myfitnesspal.com app which I HIGHLY recommend. So easy to use, lets you follow your friends and has a barcode counter for easy nutrition fact counting. People who have logged with weight watchers and myfitnesspal say that the food amounts are very similar. I just like keeping track of my food and workouts together.

So enough bout me for now. Everyone is marrying, getting engaged, and having babies. Congrats to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I wore my Mizzou Vet tee yesterday and felt pretty darn special! More special because I got a great tour from great vet students! Thanks so much for taking the time to show us the behind the scenes!! So, that got me to thinking...I wonder if Bree posted on her blog. Yep, here you did! Yay! Love the blog...keep posting...and enjoy all your experiences and working towards that awesome goal that you have. So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete