Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Whabam!

This block is kicking my butt a little.
2-3 tests a week doesn't sound all the bad in theory...except that it kinda sucks.
Just because there is constantly something that you should be studying furiously. All the time.

But on the bright side, all the club meetings are starting and those are my favorite!
The bat lady came to ZEW club last night to talk about white nose syndrome which is causing a lot of death in bats in the US. This could have huge implications for farmers as well as the rest of the ecosystem because 1 bat can eat up to 250lbs of insects a year. Which is a lot.
She also brings a few bats that cannot be released and we get to feed them and see them up close. They have really sweet faces and it is so cool to see the way they eat and move. One of the ones she brought this time was just a baby and if we weren't constantly feeding her, she would just jump off and go in search of food elsewhere. She reminded me of a toddler and it was hilarious.

I am working out a lot and trying to eat healthier, which makes me feel better about myself and is also healthy haha. It helps that there are a lot of us working on our health so there is a good group of people to work out with, swap recipes with, and to tell you that you don't need ice cream everyday :-)

This weekend is the BBQ festival where my uncle comes to judge and he and my aunt come hang out. It is so much fun when people come visit! Columbia is such a fun town and I love getting to see people from home :-)

And now I should go back to learning I guess....
Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment